Monday, September 22, 2008

An Idea...

Earlier this summer I came up with the idea to write a book. This idea came after watching a rerun of Oprah where she talked about the experiences of the black gay male. Of course the show was centered around the typical "DL men having dirty disgusting butt sex with other dirt mcnasty men and spreading HIV to unsuspecting innocent black women."

Obviously I took issue with this because as a black gay male who doesn't "look" gay or wear my sexuality on my sleeve, shows like this pretty much put me in the category of the DL brotha. I've actually had people ask me why I "hide" my sexuality as if it's something I intentionally do. Bitch, I'm not wearing a "I like cock" sign on my forehead.

So I came up with the idea to write a book that gives a more realistic look at the black gay male experience...from what I've experienced. It's kind of a cautionary/tell-all/informational/educational/entertaining kind of thing. Think the gay version of Superhead without all the dick in the mouth action and no co/ghostwriter. I know plenty of guys who are in the same boat as myself. I know guys who fall into the stereotypical category of brothas as well. And it REALLY REALLY irks me the way black people act when it comes to homosexuality.

I'm really bad at procrastinating. I totally have the book outlined in my head, but I'm so bad about not writing anything down--as seen on this blog. And plus I'm kinda ignorant to the way the industry works with publishing and whatnot. I don't wanna get fucked in the ass by some company. Also, if my shit doesn't sell, I'm not ashamed to say I would be PISSED!!!!!!! I'm not letting all these golden thoughts go to waste. I want a best-seller list, dammit! And not one of those negro lists that can be found in the back of
Ebony magazine. I want NY TIMES, baby!

But I'm going to try to make this my mini project to work on and hopefully I can keep myself applied.

*crosses fingers*

No comments: