Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Video Roundup

Alright, I got online to see there was a bunch of videos that surfaced today. I decided to share my thoughts on all of them....

First up, Jazmine Sullivan's "Bust Your Windows." I love this song!



The first thing that you will notice is that this song is called "Bust Your Windows," but there are no windows being busted. It was brought to my attention that there is some legal mumbo jumbo that if you are going to show an act of vandalism that "extreme," you have to show the person who committed the act being punished in some way. So I will let that one slide...

But as for Jazmine--
I'm glad this girl is blowing up at radio, because that really balances out the fact that she is NOT a star, and she is not very attractive. Somebody needs to find her an image and a personality. She looks really awkward and uncomfortable in front of the camera. And that made ME feel awkward and uncomfortable watching her. I cringed when she was trying to look sexy in the video.

Overall, the video is really cheap and wack. It probably would be a lot better if there were less shots of Jazmine performing the song and more shots of the leading guy performing....something. He was stunning. Jazmine shouldn't have been trying to destroy any of his shit. She should have been on her knees thanking the sun gods that a man that beautiful would even acknowledge her existence, let alone be with her. These women are so ungrateful nowawadays. You can't have it all!!
==================================

Next on my list is Ciara's "Go Girl."
I hated this song at first, but it has really grown on me.


What really pains me is that I have NOTHING bad to say about this video. It is hot as hell. Ciara looks great. The visuals were lovely. It was just a perfect video. Probably the best of her career. And that says a lot, because I loved the video for "Promise" and was slightly turned on by her masculinity in it.

Speaking of masculinity, is it me, or did she kinda look like a tranny-bot on some of those scenes? She said she did 500 crunches a day up until it was time to shoot the video. Maybe I should try that. I want a stomach as ripped and manly as hers.

Ehh...I had to find SOMETHING mean to say. Fuck you Ciara. Making catchy songs and hot ass videos and shit. I still don't like your lesbian ass no more.
==================================
And finally on the list, "The Greatest" from Michelle Williams.


This is only a clip of a little over a minute of the video, but from what I saw, I already knew where it was going. The video looks SO CHEAP. Why the hell does it look like a commercial Nike would run during the Olympics mixed with a commercial for fabric softener?

I will say that she looks really good for Michelle Williams though. Points for her!

And just for my share of community service, I would like to remind everyone that Michelle's latest album, Unexpected, is in stores TODAY. I'm sure the millions of people who read my blog will also be out buying all her album off the shelves.

Now that I've finished with that, I will close this by saying, her album is...not that good. I don't get all the [internet] hype this girl is getting. She is clearly the child of destiny that should have been aborted. Shit, she was the child of destiny who only got a chance to be known because the other siblings weren't acting right. Somebody needs to lock her ass back up in the basement.

Don't get me wrong. I like Michelle. And I admire her humility and positive outlook on life. But she's kinda like the dog you've had for years who's on his last days... I just want to put her to sleep. Bless her heart.


No comments: