Sunday, October 5, 2008

I ♥ MARY J. BLIGE

She makes me smile. She is diva. She is love. She is LIFE. She's almost a notch above God for me. Praise Her!

This is the new commercial for Chevy's new crossover vehicle, the Traverse.




Aah, I love this woman.

I couldn't help but notice a few funny things about the commercial though. First of all the car is big enough to hold 8 people, so I love how Mary only acknowledged 6 of her 8 albums. She totally ignored Mary, which was praised by critics and hated by the fans of Hip Hop Soul Mary, and her 2003 reunion with Diddy, Love & Life, which was the biggest flop of her career. I guess she wants to pretend they never existed!

I also love how everyone seems to be annoyed with What's the 411? Mary. When she gets in the car, Breakthrough Mary is looking like, "Ugh, not this drunk bitch." And My Life Mary was looking like she was about to slap her for fucking up her high.

But I love the overall message of the commercial. It fit perfectly with the message of Mary J. Blige: Learn from the past, but don't live in it.


Did I mention I love this woman??

No comments: